Head of the department: Halimov Ardamehr
Duties of the department
1. Implementation of the instructions of the Founder of Peace and National Unity – Leader of the Nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, who annually addresses the Majlisi Oli of the Republic of Tajikistan, as well as instructions issued by the Board of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan.
2. Development and implementation of research work in the field of glacier studies, hydrometeorology in the context of climate change, the organization of continuous comprehensive monitoring of the cryosphere and snow cover, providing scientific advice and consultations on conducting high-level scientific research on climate change and its factors;
3. Development of methods and technologies for the development of systems for remote control of natural and artificial objects to address fundamental and practical issues.
4. Collection of meteorological and hydrological data.
5. Addressing issues related to the study of the environment and climate, the study of the impact of natural and anthropogenic factors, including the issues of rational nature management;
6. Carrying out research in collaboration with scientists of the department in the field of climate change, melting glaciers.
7. Create a server center to collect snow data with the Modsnow program.
The main activities of the department
1. Preparation of automated meteorological networks on the rivers of the Republic of Tajikistan.
2. In connection with the initiatives of the Founder of Peace and National Unity – Leader of the Nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, recognized in international assessments as a global initiative to address global water issues, conduct scientific events, consultations, develop guidelines and articles. scientific, as well as conducting presentations through audio and video.
3. Training of highly qualified scientific and branch staff through the organization of professional development courses for employees, as well as nomination for awards.
4. Carry out work to develop a unified scientific and technical plan for the efficient use of water resources and address environmental issues in the field of glacier protection and their adaptation to the climate.
5. Development of a single database system for the study of glaciers, hydrometeorology in the context of climate change, monitoring of revived rivers and glacial lakes and their joint work.
6. Carrying out analyzes of river water content taking into account the nature of snowfall and the balance of snow cover thickness.
7. Organize the study of glaciers of the Republic of Tajikistan using modern innovative technologies and unmanned aerial vehicles.
8. Predict the decline of glaciers and determine the impact of climate change on the state of glaciers in the Republic of Tajikistan.
9. Carry out work on modeling the reduction of glaciers, the development of a model of reduction of glaciers and its impact on the water content of rivers originating from glaciers.
10. Installation of automatic meteorological stations to determine the rate of decline on representative glaciers.
11. On a scientific basis to assess the condition of glacial pools and predict the risk of glacier breakage and on this basis to compile a virtual atlas of glacial lakes.
12. Collection, processing, systematization and development of a database on the state of glaciers in the Republic of Tajikistan and their impact on Central Asia.
13. Determination of the balance of glaciers and regular monitoring of the balance of representative glaciers in the Eastern Pamirs, upstream of the Varzob River, as well as upstream of the Hingob River. This action will be carried out over time on all rivers and streams of the country.
14. Taking into account the national and political interests, as well as access to a single global system for monitoring glaciers in order to exchange the latest scientific data and use them.
15. Development of a glacial tourist route in the framework of the implementation of the strategic goals of the country for the development of tourism and tourism.
16. Taking into account the position of women in the implementation of state and government policies, conduct regional and international women’s expeditions to the glaciers of the republic and abroad.
17. Organize national and international seminars to assess the effects and consequences of climate change on the glaciers of the Republic of Tajikistan in order to improve the knowledge of glaciers. Organize national campaigns throughout the country.
18. Access to scientific and experimental materials for the organization of high-quality scientific expeditions to the mountains;
19. Take necessary measures for the introduction of modern technologies developed in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan. Facilitate investment attraction with the aim of updating and introducing new innovative technologies;
20. Establishment of “Summer Schools” for the purpose of education and training of specialists (mainly students and graduate students) in the field of research in the field of glaciers, hydrometeorology in the context of climate change, as well as the activities of the department;
21. Holding conferences and seminars at a high level scientific-practical, republican, regional depending on the subject of the department.
22. Participation in national and international seminars, meetings and conferences;
23. Development and publication of scientific articles in national and foreign publications. To publish a collection of results of scientific-research works of scientists and specialists of the department in the form of scientific articles.