The main activities of the Department
- Execution of instructions of the NAST management and the head of “Center for the study of glaciers of the NAST”.
- Development of methods and analysis of long-term series of observations of various natural and artificial objects in favor of solving various scientific and practical problems.
- Implementation of the introduction of modern technologies developed in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan for the study of projects.
- Training and education of specialists (mainly students and graduate students) on the activities of the department.
- Participation in national and international seminars, meetings and conferences.
- Organize the study of glaciers of the Republic of Tajikistan using modern innovative technologies and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Collection, processing, systematization and development of a database on the state of glaciers in the Republic of Tajikistan and their impact on Central Asia.
- Access to scientific and experimental materials for the organization of high-quality scientific expeditions to the mountains.
- Development and publication of scientific articles in national and foreign scientific articles.
- To publish a collection of results of expeditionary research work of scientists and specialists of the department in the form of scientific articles.
The use of new modern technologies, including:
- Drones for photographing difficult subjects
- A drill bit for drilling ice
- Makita for ice drilling
- Space photography to explore the area