Head of Department: Kabutov Khusrav Kurbonjonovich
- The department deals with fundamental and practical issues related to the development and application of methods and technologies for remote sensing, including:
- Development of methods, technologies and analysis tools for studying the earth’s surface and cryosphere, as well as anthropogenic objects and processes (including their impact on the environment).
- Development of methods and technologies for analyzing objects using remote sensing for solving fundamental and practical problems.
- Monitoring the state of the environment and cryosphere objects to study various natural processes on the Earth’s surface.
- Solve problems associated with monitoring and studying the evolution of the environment and climate under the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors, including the issues of rational nature management;
- To develop, propose and implement new systems aimed at automatic processing of satellite data, including as part of the system for receiving and processing data;
- Development of information systems for remote monitoring for solving practical problems; development of new methods and processes for organizing storage, processing and analysis of large amounts of data for solving long-term problems of remote sensing and studying various processes and phenomena.
The main activities of the department
- Development and maintenance of various scientific and practical information systems for remote monitoring;
- Development of methods, algorithms and special software for processing, archiving and analyzing satellite data;
- Organization and maintenance of an archive of satellite data and the results of their processing, necessary for solving various scientific and practical problems;
- Carrying out research, consulting, experimental design, technological, information and other work in the field of organizing distributed information systems, mainly aimed at satellite monitoring, to solve fundamental and practical issues;
- Development of methods and analysis of long-term series of observations of various natural and artificial objects in favor of solving various scientific and practical problems.
- Undertake the necessary work to introduce modern technologies in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- training and education of specialists (mainly students and postgraduates) on the activities of the department;
- participation in the development and holding of conferences and seminars on the topics of the department;
- preparation of scientific articles.